Sometimes when an upper tooth is extracted it will leave a communication between the mouth and the maxillary sinus. This is because of the close relationship of the mouth to the sinus.
If this has happened, you must follow these special instructions:
1. Take prescriptions as directed.
2. Use special care with the gauze in your mouth to help a good blood clot to form.
Keep good pressure on it for at least 2 hours.
3. No talking and no spitting for the rest of the day.
4. Do not blow your nose vigorously for one week.
5. No sucking with a straw or drawing on a cigarette or pipe.
6. Refrain from sneezing if possible.
7. Do not blow with mouth or cause pressure.
You may have a slight amount of bleeding from your nose for several days. Do not worry about this. If you have any questions, please call our office.